Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8320 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Petition to RIM on review system - please sign

Hello Everyone

RIM takes 30% of our sales, we pay $200 for the vendor portal, we pay $20 for the cod signing.

In essence we are RIM's Clients/Customers. Due to this i feel done in, because there is nothing in place that looks after our interests. I know this seems a little off topic but it is related.

RIM needs to protect us the developers (Their customers), with a fair review system.

What i would like to see is:

• A soaking period for reviews, which will allow us time to rectify any issues before it goes public.
  • A means of contacting the reviewer to offer support.
  • If the review has been denied restore the star rating.
  • A template or criteria for reviewers to follow when submitting a review. "The app is **bleep**" or "The app does not work" is not a review ....
There are many cases where the reviewer or even RIM is at fault, when the app does not work.
Does anyone know weather these concerns are being addressed or even considered by RIM ?

Developer
My Device: 8320 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

Well there we go, our company has decided that mobile development is not a financially feasible option, this is sad cause I enjoyed doing the apps. Thank goodness I am a C# developer though as I could have lost my job.

I might do apps privately if RIM ever gives the developers the support we deserve.

Good luck guys i do hope things work out for you all !

@Rim - get your house in order ...

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

I live in fear and check the star rating for my apps everyday as once a negative review have been posted, there is no way to get rid of the effect it has on the average rating of the app. Also once the negative review has been posted, I cannot defend myself and lot of people probably see that one negative review and judge the app based on it Smiley Sad

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok