Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor
Accepted Solution

PhoneLogListener

When is  the PhoneLog updated and when is the PhoneLogListener  notified about an outgoing call?

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: PhoneLogListener

PhoneLog is updated when a new PhoneCallLog entry is added, removed or updated.

PhoneLogListener is notified of an outgoing call when the call was successfully connected.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer

:-)

Let me rephrase the question

I want to remove an entry for an outgoing call as soon as possible. My assumption is that I will have that possibility when I get a signal from to the phoneloglistener  that a new entry has been added. I further assume that this entry will be available immediately after the call has finished.

So my question was really about when, not how

>PhoneLog is updated when a new PhoneCallLog entry is added, removed or updated

Reasonable. When does this happen in relation to the call being finished?

>PhoneLogListener is notified of an outgoing call when the call was successfully connected.

Connected? Not finished? So its updated later when the call is finished to add how long it was?

Is the log entry in place in the log when the listener gets the signal?

-Mario Andretti-
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I believe once the call was successfully connected to the other party, an outgoing call entry is added to the phone log.

Try it:

If you have an active BlackBerry, place a call, wait for it to connect then hang up. It is in the log.

Try again:

Make a call but before hanging up, go into the home screen and access the call log (if you have a newer device, there should be an icon for it) and see if the call you're currently on is in the log already before you hang up.

I take it back. There is no way to access the call log when on the call that I can see from my device. I will stick with once the call is connected, an entry is added. But before the call is finished, your listener should be notified.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer

I got it figured out. I wrote code and traced it.

The CallLogAdded in a PhonelogListener is triggered when the call is terminated. see log

Log: 2010-03-07 12:12:51 Redirector: Connected call number: +468122xxxxxxx
Log: 2010-03-07 12:12:51 Redirector: Got a type 'a' phone number:  +468122xxxxxxx 
Log: 2010-03-07 12:12:59 Redirector: Internal Call.
Log: 2010-03-07 12:17:30 Listener: Hoo hoo, call log added

That is good. Now I have the possibility to delete this entry from the log. I have read elsewhere in this forum that I just have to wait a bit before doing that (like 2 seconds).

Just have to find a nice sample how to handle the log. The one in the JDE samples are just terrible.  22 pages long!!

-Mario Andretti-