Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

PhoneScreen API on 9530

I get a ControlledAcess Exception(and yes, I have signed the cod correctly) with 9530

on 5.0.0.419 with the PhoneScreen API. It used to work with the earlier 5.0.0.1xx API(I have forgotten

the exact one).

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: PhoneScreen API on 9530

ControlledAccessExceptions are triggered by insufficient Application Permissions, not an unsigned application.  If the application wasn't signed, but signing is required, the application would not even be able to start.

Check the permission for the application by going to Options, Applications, select your application and choose Edit Permissions, expand Interactions and ensure that the "Display Information While Locked" permission is not set to Deny, which is its default setting.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

Thanks Mark. That worked well. Does my app need to inform the user that she needs to change this? Can I do that from my app?

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9000 - Bold

You can prompt the user when your app is executed for the first time and have them set appropriate permissions.  Have a look at this topic on requesting access.

Chirashi Security
New Developer

Super. Thanks