Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8000
My Carrier: hi

Port Blackberry Application to Android............

Hello friends,

i am new in Mobile development i just want to know this is possible to port Blackberry application to Android. i know how to port j2me application to Blackberry..... but i want to know about that it is possible to port blackberry application to android.

Please help me friends,

Thanks,

ajay

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Port Blackberry Application to Android............

No you cant. You should develope it in the Android Platform, is very easy to develop in Android Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: 8000
My Carrier: hi

thanks for replying me.

i want to know how to develop android application. i want to learn android development give me some pdf file.or link for start development in android.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

If you have learnt developing on BlackBerry, which is very very ARRRGHHHH, Android will be quite easy. You have layouts separate from code, as in iOS, and a lot of tutorials (with sceenshots!!), documentation, forums ( a lot of them), etc...

http://developer.android.com/index.html

If you speak spanish i could recommend you the Android forum where i'm allways writting.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

The UI has to be redone, of course, but most of the program logic can be easily ported if you did not depend heavily on bb-only classes.

android java is more advanced compared to j2me and there may be some options not available on BB.

We have ported some applications which still have a shared codebase.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter