Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Problem Deploying a Midlet to BlackBerry Device

I have a problem deplying a Midlet to a BlackBerry.

I´m using Netbeans Mobility Pack 6.1, I used the SVG components from the package org.netbeans.microedition.svg.
I compile the app in Netbeans and it builds the .jar and .jad correctly.
Then, I created a project with BlackBerry JDK 4.2 and build the .COD file for the midlet, (I changed the type of project from CLDC to Midlet)
I got this 2 message error when building in BBJDK:

SVGSplashScreen.java: Warning!: verification failed at opcode offset: 20 cause: found SVGSplashScreen$SplashScreenSvgEventListener where SVGEventListener is required invoking org.netbeans.microedition.svg.SVGPlayer.setSVGEventListener(SVGEventListener) in <init> and SVGWaitScreen.java: Warning!: verification failed at opcode offset: 11 cause: found SVGWaitScreen$WaitScreenSvgEventListener where SVGEventListener is required invoking org.netbeans.microedition.svg.SVGPlayer.setSVGEventListener(SVGEventListener) in <init>

When I run the app in the BB, It says:

Error starting APP: Module "APP" has a verification error 2870 at offset 15cc

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem Deploying a Midlet to BlackBerry Device

Version 4.6.0 of the BlackBerry API set has native support for JSR 226 for SVG rendering.  You could make use of it instead of the netbeans library.

If you need to use the netbeans library I recommend verifying that this library supports BlackBerry devices.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

Thanks MSohm,

I´m using BB JDE 4.2 because ours BB has OS 4.2 and Telcel (Mexican Carrier) will not update it to 4.6 for a while...

So, 4.2 doesn´t support SVG?  I posted the issue as as bug in the Netbeans Community and in the mobile developer mailing lists. I have no documentation if org.netbeans.microedition.svg can works in the BB, I´ll research a little more.

I used the Netbeans SVG because of the graphic designer, just drag and drop and draw the flow and workes fine. If it doesn´t works, Ihave to rewrite it all manually.

Thanks, 

New Developer

I´m also using Netbeans Mobility Pack 6.1, I used the SVG components from the package org.netbeans.microedition.svg and JSR apis javax.microedition.m2g.*. I compile the app in Netbeans and it builds the .jar and .jad correctly and works fine in sun's simulator. Then, I downloaded BlackBerry JDE4.5 and followed netbeans instructions to use this environment in netbeans. At the time of building I get the following error:

Preverifying 1172 file(s) into C:\netbeans\pimsvg\build\preverified directory.
Error preverifying class javax.microedition.m2g.ScalableGraphics
    VERIFIER ERROR javax/microedition/m2g/ScalableGraphics.render(IILjavax/microedition/m2g/ScalableImageSmiley WinkV:
Cannot find class com/sun/perseus/model/Viewport
C:\netbeans\pimsvg\nbproject\build-impl.xml:431: Preverification failed with error code 1.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 14 seconds)

I suspect that JDE4.5 does not support JSR 226, SVG. What surprises me is that SVG website says that this spec is quite old and millions of phones supports SVG. My main aim is to run my application in the blackberry simulator and not to worry about the acutal device.

I would really appreiciate if you can tell me which version of JDE and simulator supports SVG so that I can download them.

Highlighted
New Developer

This is a bit of an old post, but I have managed to get the netbeans svg library working (or at least the parts I need).

I found that the source files for these classes are included in the netbeans mobility folder, i created a seperate library project for these,then added in all the source files I need, compiled it in the JDE 4.6.0.12 and made my main project depend on this.

The only thing that gave me any trouble was that my SVG's had x="0" y="0" defined in the <svg version= tag which I had to take out to get to work in the BB simulator

thanks

Guus Davidson