Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Problem in GUI

Hi

I mage a gui in blackberry OS 7.1. its looking good.But when i run it in OS 6, its not looking good.

So, i have to make the gui for both the OS different or what?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem in GUI

[ Edited ]

Is the problem related to the OS level or the screen attributes?  Which devices/Simulators have you actually tried your app on? 

Remember different devices have different size screens with different resolutions.  Unless you have thought about this when originally developing your screens, you can get problems. 

I recommend downloading a number of Simulators and trying your app on a variety.  As a minimum I recommend you try your app on the following devices:

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi

In BB 9790, the gui is good but in BB 9300 its not the same.So now i have to write the new gui to the curve??

Or is there any way that the code will work on both the app?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Can you confirm that this problem is NOT OS related but is screen size related?

There are a wide variety of options, but there is not a single solution that works for all devices and for all screens. 

The start is to consider each screen and how it will look on each different device.  Until you do this, you are wasting your time.  So have you looked at your design and figured out how it could translate to a different size screen?  Have you looked at the three different screen sizes I pointed you at previously? 

The best advice I can give is don't develop the User Interface for one specific phone, be aware of the different screen sizes and resolutions and try to design something that works OK most of the time. 

I have a specific approach, that I have documented in tutorial 10 that you will find here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Tutorials-for-new-developers-Part-1/m-p/1621...

I am presuming that you have designed your UI with one screen size in mind,  In this case, I suggest you pick one of the issues that you are having and ask us about that, then we can tell you how to handle that specific circumstance. We can work through your issues like this.  But one at a time.  .