Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9000,9500,8900
My Carrier: Airtel,Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Problem in downloading video file in wap2Connection

Hello,

I develop an application that downloads and video from web service and stores in sd card.

I use bb 8900 and 9000 with Vodaphone india and airtel as data plan respectively.

I have to check the video downloading functionality for both wi-fi and wap2

for wifi the application is running fine but i'm facing problem with wap 2 connection.

Actually the application tries to connect to server twice

1. to check registration (This utility works fine with wap2 connection and wi-fi both)

2. to download videos (This utility works only with wi-fi not with wap2)

the url generates for video downloading is looks like this

http://servername/videofolder/resolutionfolder/filename.mp4;ConnectionUID=WAP2trans

and when i try to connect the server for video file downloading i just found that connection is null;

What does this means?

And how can I establish connection with server via wap2 connection?

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem in downloading video file in wap2Connection

You are not able to connect via WAP-2 because u didn't read ServiceBOOk  settings for  WAP-2

You need to read service book for making WAP-2 connection in INDIA...............Please refer to peter_strange board's message of networking connection ..............You will get info for all types of connection over there.....................

Developer

Regular Contributor

As you have said

ankit2grover wrote:

You are not able to connect via WAP-2 because u didn't read ServiceBOOk  settings for  WAP-2

You need to read service book for making WAP-2 connection in INDIA...............Please refer to peter_strange board's message of networking connection ..............You will get info for all types of connection over there.....................

But I am able to connect via WAP2 when I try to check registration. And at that time the connection is successfully established. Problem occurs only when the mp4 file is downloaded.
And yes I read service book record every time. This ;ConnectionUID=WAP2trans is not hardcoded.
And that's why I'm confused for wap2 connection.

Developer

Check for settings on mp4 file on server ...........as you are getting connection = null so it seems that you are not able to make connection to your mp4file.............or you can convert mp4 file into bytes & then try to download that byte content.............i implement my video application in this way

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

As you have said

Check for settings on mp4 file on server ...........

Exactly what to look for mp4 file settings? Can you give me more details on this?

And According to you

.............or you can convert mp4 file into bytes & then try to download that byte content............

Do you mean that i convert that file before I start downloading?

How can I do that if I can not connect with that file?

Regular Contributor

Ok friends I find out the solution.

Actually to download the file connection was created twice. And the second connection downloads the file. And when I try to connect second time I was returned to another service book record that is mostly null.or "wap2 trans" so the connection is not created.

Any how I manage it that if that I do not found "wap2trans" i rescan the service book and if I can't find out it in 3 tries I return exception that is handled later. As application demands.

Thaks for your all suggestions.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I am also trying to download video file using bufferplaybackdemo sample of jde 5.0 but all the time it saving o byte file .. can u pls provide me ur code