Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry storm 9530 touch screen problem

This issue has been solved already.

It was just Compatibility Mode. If you wanns run the app on Storm, you should disable compatibily mode.

Options -> Advance options -> Applications -> Your App -> Disable Compatibily mode by menu

Reopen the app.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry storm 9530 application problem

Hi Peter,

I was going through your posts on this forum. So thought of asking you the problem that i am having on my blackberry storm 9530.

All of a sudden i observed that my blackberry storm 9530 is not responding to my touches. Sometimes it selects the icons but it never opens though i pressed on it for very hard. Even if it opens the mailbox icon, while scrolling the screen, it selects more than a mail (number of lines) at a time. To get rid of this i have to presss on the escape key on each time,so that it will select only one mail(one line).

I have already done with battery pull out for so many times, cleaned the touch screen as well, still having the same problem.

The software installed on it is blackberry core 4.7.

Please help to provide  a solution for it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I think that is an issue with the device itself. I have one Storm and two Storm2 and all three eventually observe this behavior. Sometimes reloading the OS fixes it, but it always comes back eventually.

New Contributor

Hi CMY,

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried to upgrade the blackberry device software from 4.7 to 5.0. But i was not succeed since i do not have a Verizon valid data plan. Could you please let me know if any procedure that i need to follow to upgrade my blackberry storm device software to 5.0.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

New Contributor

Thanks a lot peter for providing an useful link. This seems to be much useful.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Moved to BlackBerry Storm - BlackBerry 9500 Series Smartphone for better exposure.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Updating the blackberry OS version from 4.7  to 5.0 did not help me to resolve strom 9530 touch screen issue. Please let me know if anyone finds solutions for it. Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9350
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Blackberry storm 9530 touch screen problem

hi i have the same issue, and its left unsolve, i just noticed it happened on my phone if im on a humid place, they say that my phone got some moist because of the humid thats why the touch is not working properly. but if im on an airconditioned room it work perfectly fine. 

i would just like to know if these problems on screen happens to every blackberry storm 9530 or it just happent to some phones like those with factory defects?

and another question, does blackberry 9550 also have this kind of problem? because if not, i will just simply swap mine from 9530 to 9550.. thanks

hoping this problem we have will be solved!

help me guys pls.... i really love blackberry storm 

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9350
My Carrier: verizon

hi,

is it really the finger size? im sure all of us with touch screen problems have different finger size. is the solution for that problem is by using a stylus?