Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem packaging with the 1.5 Eclipse plug-in

Opened TOOL-314 for this issue.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9810 Torch
My Carrier: VIPnet

hendrik wrote:
It really seems that simply opening the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml (without changing anything) resolves the error. That's the only thing I did before it started working for me, too.

Thank you for this!  It solved my problem!

H.

Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Just found this thread, thought I'd mention I had the same issue and  the same solution (opening BlackBerry App Descriptor) worked for me.

FWIW, In my case I think it's reproducible, I simply created a new Workspace and imported an existing (and working) BB project into it using the "Copy into Workspace" option.  I did this twice in the course of battling this issue and it happened both times.

Bruce

Developer
My Device: 9500/9520/9800/9810
My Carrier: TMobile

[ Edited ]

Is there still "no other" solution to this issue? - opening the App_Decriptor.xml ?!

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.H.P.A(RIMEIDE:2158)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.H.P.<init>(RIMEIDE:2654)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.D.C.D(RIMEIDE:333)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.D.C.B(RIMEIDE:122)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.D.F.J(RIMEIDE:1988)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.D.F.G(RIMEIDE:120)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.D.F.D(RIMEIDE:3223)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.D.F.D(RIMEIDE:2046)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.D.A.run(RIMEIDE:1663)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)
	at net.rim.ejde.internal.D.D.runInWorkspace(RIMEIDE:2175)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

... after i have opened all App_Decriptors once - everything seams to "fine" - but again this issue have cost me almost 4h to get my code compliing again with the v1.5 version of the Plugin...

[FileScout] | [iMazing] | [GPSLogger II] | [Iconify] | [TOMPlayer]
Developer
My Device: 9500/9520/9800/9810
My Carrier: TMobile

[ Edited ]

for all (like me) who have issues with importing existing projects from a previous plugin version to the new v1.5.x Eclipse Plugin...

here an old app descriptor file

<!-- This file has been generated by the BlackBerry Plugin for Eclipse v3.6.1. -->

<Properties ModelVersion="1.1.2">
  <General Title="TOMPlayer" Version="0.x.x.x" Vendor="emacberry.com" Description="bla bla bla"/>
  <Application Type="BlackBerry Application" MainMIDletName="" MainArgs="" HomeScreenPosition="0" StartupTier="7" IsSystemModule="false" IsAutostartup="false"/>
  <Resources hasTitleResource="false" TitleResourceBundleName="" TitleResourceBundleRelativePath="" TitleResourceBundleClassName="" TitleResourceBundleKey="" DescriptionId="">
    <Icons>
      <Icon CanonicalFileName="res/img/bt_play.png" IsFocus="false"/>
    </Icons>
  </Resources>
  <Compile OutputCompilerMessages="false" ConvertImages="false" CreateWarningForNoExportedRoutine="true" CompressResources="false" AliasList="">
    <PreprocessorDefines/>
  </Compile>
  <Packaging PreBuildStep="" PostBuildStep="" CleanStep="" OutputFileName="com_emacberry_tomplayer" OutputFolder="deliverables" GenerateALXFile="true">
    <AlxFiles/>
  </Packaging>
  <HiddenProperties>
    <ClassProtection/>
    <PackageProtection/>
  </HiddenProperties>
  <AlternateEntryPoints>
    <AlternateEntryPoint Title="TOMPlayer AUTOSTART" MainMIDletName="" ArgumentsForMain="regtypes" HomeScreenPosition="0" StartupTier="7" IsSystemModule="true" IsAutostartup="true" hasTitleResource="false" TitleResourceBundleKey="" TitleResourceBundleName="" TitleResourceBundleClassName="" TitleResourceBundleRelativePath="">
      <Icons/>
    </AlternateEntryPoint>
  </AlternateEntryPoints>
</Properties>

and here is the same created with the new IDE Plugin Version:

<!-- This file has been generated by the BlackBerry Plugin for Eclipse v3.7.100. -->

<Properties ModelVersion="1.1.2">
  <General Title="TOMPlayer" Version="0.x.x.x" Vendor="emacberry.com" Description="bla bla bla"/>
  <Application Type="BlackBerry Application" MainMIDletName="" MainArgs="" HomeScreenPosition="0" StartupTier="7" IsSystemModule="false" IsAutostartup="false"/>
  <Resources hasTitleResource="false" TitleResourceBundleName="" TitleResourceBundleRelativePath="" TitleResourceBundleClassName="" TitleResourceBundleKey="" DescriptionId="">
    <Icons>
      <Icon CanonicalFileName="res/img/bt_play.png" IsFocus="false"/>
    </Icons>
  </Resources>
  <KeywordResources KeywordResourceBundleName="" KeywordResourceBundleRelativePath="" KeywordResourceBundleClassName="" KeywordResourceBundleKey=""/>
  <Compile OutputCompilerMessages="false" ConvertImages="false" CreateWarningForNoExportedRoutine="true" CompressResources="false" AliasList="">
    <PreprocessorDefines/>
  </Compile>
  <Packaging PreBuildStep="" PostBuildStep="" CleanStep="" OutputFileName="com_emacberry_tomplayer" OutputFolder="deliverables" GenerateALXFile="true">
    <AlxFiles/>
  </Packaging>
  <HiddenProperties>
    <ClassProtection/>
    <PackageProtection/>
  </HiddenProperties>
  <AlternateEntryPoints>
    <AlternateEntryPoint Title="TOMPlayer AUTOSTART" MainMIDletName="" ArgumentsForMain="regtypes" HomeScreenPosition="0" StartupTier="7" IsSystemModule="true" IsAutostartup="true" hasTitleResource="false" TitleResourceBundleKey="" TitleResourceBundleName="" TitleResourceBundleClassName="" TitleResourceBundleRelativePath="">
      <Icons/>
      <KeywordResources KeywordResourceBundleName="" KeywordResourceBundleRelativePath="" KeywordResourceBundleClassName="" KeywordResourceBundleKey=""/>
    </AlternateEntryPoint>
  </AlternateEntryPoints>
</Properties>

The diffrene is that the NEW Plugin adds the following line (for the main application and also for all alternate entry points):

So when you want to import an old project into the new IDE - simply add the <KeywordResources> element to your BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file.

[FileScout] | [iMazing] | [GPSLogger II] | [Iconify] | [TOMPlayer]