Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Problem when scrolling?

Hi

I have one VerticalFieldManager with some bitmap field when i click on bitmap field it will show browser content beside that (showed in attachment-1).  my problem is when i scroll through the browser content, the left side imagebar also moving downwards (showed in attachment-2) but it should be there at same position it should not move with browser content.  For example if i set mainScreen.setBanner(field), mainScreen.setStatus(field) then that field will not move while scrolling the mainsceen content exactly same behaviour I would like to see for my imagebar at leftside of the screen.

Below Image Bar created with by adding BitmapFields to the VerticalFieldManager.  And BrowserContent is Field type. So These two components i have added to HorizontalFieldManager.

Attachment - 1

Attachment - 2

Please suggest any idea for achieving this or else if any sample code also more helpful to me.  Advanced Thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem when scrolling?

I'm not able to see the images you posted since the URL's are referring to localhost.  Can you host them on a public web server?
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Hi MShom,

I dont have public web server.  ok I will explain problem here in words if any can body can understand give me your help.  By adding mainScreen.setBanner(xfield) and mainScreen.setStatus(yfield) and middle of the screen diplaying some browser content.  When iam scrolling browser content these bannar, status fields will not move so same type of behaviour i need to give one verticalfieldmanager(having some bitmapfields) means after adding this vericalfieldmanager and browser content to the screen if i scroll the browser content then verticalfieldmanager should not move with browser content unlike status and banner.

Advanced thanks for your help.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

if i understood you correctly you want to have a non-scrolling area on your screen, like the title or status area, correct?

you can use different managers to achieve this. add the non-scrollable fields to the first manager, created with the appropriate styles.
add the scrollable fields to the second manager and create it with the appropriate styles (show scrollbar etc)

btw, to upload images there is a multitude of free hosting services. imageshack.us, example given.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Adding the banner and the VerticalFieldManager as the Title area might also work.  Just a thought.