Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Problem while Upgrading from OS version. 4 to 5

I have done an application with data base access(local db using RIM API with vector class). But there is a problem when upgrading the OS from 4 to 5 There is a problem showing "uncaught exception java.lang error"

I have the feel that the data base cleared.

Please let me know what are the possible issues (in installed application) can come   while upgrading the OS.

Developer

Re: Problem while Upgrading from OS version. 4 to 5

Can you tell us the device you upgraded, and the OS Level that was on that device?

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

The persistent store is erased on a OS upgrade. So the database would no longer exist if it were stored there.

Developer

[ Edited ]

Os Version : from 4.x   to  v5.0.0.591.

Phone : Almost all phoness (eg: Model : Tour 9630)

Question 1: Is the program reloadede to the memory after upload : ie memory initialization sone inside a static initialization of class

Question 2: How can we test this problem in simulator. Which are the condition created for the same ?  

Please replay soon ....................... It affect the existing programs in blackberry which we where done using memory.........................

Highlighted
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

3rd party app data does not back up on OS upgrade. There is no way to recreate this other than to just switch simulators. If you want to backup data you will have to come up with your own way to serialize the data and store it to the internal memory (which does transfer using the transfer wizard) or the SDCard.