Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem with BBM when

Hi,

I am facing a problem while developing my BBM application.

I am using BBMPlatformSession for sending invitation.

UserA sends request to UserB. UserB joins it and we have a session having them in each other's list.

UserA->UserB

UserB->UserA

Now, if UserB sends request to UserC and UserC joins, then each of the user is having 2 memeber in their session's contact list. So, its works as expected.

UserA->UserB, UserC

UserB->UserA, UserC

UserC->UserA, UserB

But, the problem comes when reverser happends, i.e. UserC sends request to UserB. In this case, every user can see only other user in its contact list.

UserA-> UserB

UserB->UserC

UserC->UserB

I am not sure this is the way BBM will work or I am missing on anything.

Thanks,

Sumit.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem with BBM when

Hi Sumit,

It sounds like an issue with the session handling in your application. You may want to check to see if a session is already established with UserB before allowing UserB to join a different session with UserC, or ask UserC to join your existing session. The TicTacToe sample shows a similar logic to the former, it blocks the second user that tries to join and sends them a message if a game is already in progress.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with BBM when

Thanks Garett,

Differenentiating session was the key, I was missing. I did it based on the unique ID assoicated with each BBMPlatformConnection object.

Thanks again.

-Sumit