Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with Eclipse COD file generation

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have been developing Blackberry applications using Netbeans.I am trying to shift to the Eclipse development environment.I created a new project in Eclipse and added my source code in the "src" directory in the project.The project is compiling fine but there is one major problem.

The cod file that is generated in the deliverables folder is very huge.When I used Netbeans,the COD file was generated in the simulator folder in the JDE and was about 900Kb and worked fine in any device.However in Eclipse,the COD file size is 3 MB!!!!!

Moreover the generated JAR file has a size of 3.5 MB.

Due to this,I cannot run the application on any device or simulator and get a "PREVERIFICATION ERROR xxxx at OFFSET xxxx" whenever I try to run the application.

This has completely baffled me since the size of the source code is the same in both the Eclipse and the netbeans project still there is so much difference in the size of the generated COD file.

could someone please help me out here?

Thank you so much!!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem with Eclipse COD file generation

What files exist in your project?  Could you have added binary resources files to your project multiple times?

Open up the JAR file and see what files are listed there.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.