Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: BlackBerry 9300
My Carrier: Yoigo
Accepted Solution

Problem with ListField

Hi everyone,

when user click in a ListField i want to update an image of a row but i didn't get it. 

My purpose is simulate a checkbox, it means that by default in the end of the row there is an unchecked image and when user click there is a checked image.

I tried to overwrite drawListRow of ListFieldCallback but i don't know how update the row when user click to change the unchecked image with the checked image.

Any help is welcome, thanks very much!!

My Device: 4.2.1(8800), 4.6(9000), 4.7 and above

Re: Problem with ListField

Inside drawListRow() use the Graphics and ListField object and do the following:

static boolean boolean checkedflag = false;

void drawListRow(ListField listField, Graphics graphics, int index, int y, int width){

if (listField.getSelectedIndex() != -1)) {  //i.e a row gets selected

checkedFlag = false;

checkedFlag = true;

The above code may require some fine tuning!...but graphics.drawBitmap() will work just fine.

My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

welcome to the support forums.

you can find the appropriate sample by using the search box on the top right of the screen.

here is the link:
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
My Device: BlackBerry 9300
My Carrier: Yoigo

Thanks very much to both.

Simon, I had already looked the example but i ddidn´t see the most important line: invalidate()  

This call repaint the selected row Smiley Happy

Dsheel, geSelectedIndex() isn't a good condition because when focus is on row, this return true and I only want to change the image when row is pressed. So it is necessary create a class like the example class, ChecklistData.

To sum up, apologize for my english and thanks veye much!!