Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Telcel
Accepted Solution

Problem with ListStyleButtonSet (I'm a noob)

Hi there guys, i'm a noob with this development (java+BB) and I'm using the Eclipse plugin.  I have this code for ListStyleButtonSet and it shows the next error:

"ListStyleButtonField cannot be resolved to a type"

I have all my imports and i don't know how can I use this UI...could you help me please?  Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Ps.- here is the code i am using to create new ListStyleButtonSet:

ListStyleButtonSet buttonSet = new ListStyleButtonSet();

ListStyleButtonField aboutButton = new ListStyleButtonField( "About", buttonRight );
ListStyleButtonField ownerButton = new ListStyleButtonField( "Owner", buttonRight );
ListStyleButtonField statusButton = new ListStyleButtonField( "Status", buttonRight );

Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Problem with ListStyleButtonSet (I'm a noob)

ListStyleButtonField is not part of the BlackBerry java Api, but comes from their Advanced UI Sample Library, See here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Implement-advanced-buttons-fields-and-manage...

You will need to download this library and add it to your project
Contributor

Hey thanks a lot! could you help me please with it? I don't know exactly which of the files I have to add because mobile developmente is new for me
Contributor

Any help with it? Advanced GUI it's awesome but i don't know how can i use it Smiley Sad please help me

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

By far the easiest way to use this code is to downlaod the whooe set, and then copy the code into your application.  Change the package names used by the RIM supplied classes you want to use to match your applicatoin and add the source to your project. 

Contributor

Thanks a lot!

I did it but now i can't open my App.... it throws an error  "Class [...].ui.ScrollView not found " , even if i import it .

If I move the files out src folder, my app works..

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

From memory ScrolView is a class new in OS 6.0 and not used in OS 5.0.  What level are you using to compile and what level is th e Simulator you are using?