Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

Problem with NotificationsManager

I am having problem getting the Blackberry Java NotificationsManager to work as expected. I am trying to use this API to alert users of my app of new messages in the app, but currently NotificationsManager only works (gives the sound/alert audio) ONLY when the BB sound profile is set to LOUD.

My question is how do I get the notifications to work when the profile is set to Normal? I have tried several NotificationsConstant already but still get same (poor) result.

Also, I dont get to the part where I get to edit my App Custom profile because none is created despite registering it correctly. 

I am testing on a BB9700, OS5 simulator and device. Hoping someone would kindly help answer my question

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Problem with NotificationsManager

you use the manager to register an event in the profile application.

the user can edit this event in the profile application, i would suggest that you check the settings of your notification, it should be in the "other applications" in the edit profile section.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN

Hi. Thanks for reply.

I was able to edit profile and make it work for normal by following your hint. My problem NOW is that I dont want each and every user of my application to have to go through the (daunty) whole process of editting profiles. What I am saying is that I want to be able to set reasonable defaults such that even when profile is Normal, the whole sound alert and light alert works on my app notifiying.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

this is not possible, as it is up to the user what should happen on a certain profile.

you could circumvent the user profile by using the alert class directly, but i would not suggest to do that.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter