Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Problem with VerticalFieldManager

Hi all, I have one VerticalFieldManager in my screen. Problem with this manager is that it appears sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Why this is happening? Sometimes i click on the back button and come to the screen again , the manager doesn't appear and sometimes it appears.... thanks and Best Regards.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with VerticalFieldManager

Is this just one VerticalFieldManager of a number of the screen - so other's appear all the time, but not this one?  Or is there only one?

I have never seen anything like this happen with a standard VerticalFieldManager, added to a standard Screen, so I am guessing that you have 'extended' something along the way and this is broken. 

Assuming this is the case, then I suggest you work on determining which part of your code is causing the problem.  Possibly the easiest way to do this is by elimination - remove parts of your code that are potentially part of the problem and see if you can resolve it yourself.

The two areas to look at are

a) paint() methods to make sure that these will always paint something - for example I have had issues painting black text on a black background

b) sublayout() where you haven't actually given the Manager enough space.

In summary, as noted, I doubt you will see this problem with a standard Field/Manager/Screen combination, so I think you are looking at a problem in your code.  We are are not going to be able to give you much more given the information you have supplied.  But please don't just post your code and ask us to find your problem - you wrote it, you know it better than us, please try to find the issue yourself as that is the fastest way.  

Developer

Peter,  Thanks for replying...

Developer

I have now been able to solve the issue. Actually, There was an unnecessary PleaseWaitScreen (mistakenly)... there was no need of that...Commenting that code now solved my problem ...as i think for now.

Thanks to all of you.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Excellent.  Please can you mark this as solved then.  Cheers