Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with using external jar file

Hi! I am new to BlackBerry java development environment. As per my application requirement, I added a xml jar file in the app using the "add external jar" option in the project properties. The application build successfully, but at the time of the runnig application the following errors occured. 

Starting project
Searching installed codfiles for alias 'xml'
Searching uninstalled codfiles for alias 'xml'
Module 'xml' not found.Error starting project: Module 'xml' not found.

I also tried the library way(place the jar in to another project which is of type library, and add that project as dependency in the application). But I could n't get the solution.

Pls, help me----

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Problem with using external jar file

when you compiled you project there should be at least two cod files.

the first: yourapplication.cod

the second: xml.cod

did you get the second file?

Developer

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi Ashik,

Try with the following approach.

a. Preverify your jar file (just in case if it is not preverified). Follow the steps below for preverifying:

1. Go to your JDE installation folder (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin)

2. Copy the jar file to bin folder.

3. Now open your command prompt and change your current directory to your JDE installation directory.
4. Now execute the following command:
         preverify -classpath "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" "your_jar_filename"
5. In your bin directory(C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin) a folder named output will create.

6. Preverified jar file resides here.

b. Add the preverified jar file to your project (like normal java file).

The above approach worked for me.

If by any chance this approach not work for you. Try with the following:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/How_To_-_Compi...

Regards

Bikas

Message Edited by bikas on 05-24-2009 12:51 AM
Message Edited by bikas on 05-24-2009 01:20 PM
New Developer

Thank u for ur reply, I couldn't get the xml.code file after build the application. What can  I do? Pls suggest me the solution-----
New Developer

Thank u for ur reply, But I develop the application in eclipse IDE using BlackBerry eclipse plug-in. Then, how to set this classpath in the eclipse environment-----

Pls, suggest me-----

Developer

The simplest way, in case you want it fast - download JDE, install it and complete the task you have.

And after that check Eclipse JDE plugin documentation.

New Developer

hai

did anyone try preverifying twitter4j-1.0.6.jar file.I get lot of errors .please suggest me  a solution.

regards,

kamala