05-23-2009 09:06 AM
Hi! I am new to BlackBerry java development environment. As per my application requirement, I added a xml jar file in the app using the "add external jar" option in the project properties. The application build successfully, but at the time of the runnig application the following errors occured.
Searching installed codfiles for alias 'xml'
Searching uninstalled codfiles for alias 'xml'
Module 'xml' not found.Error starting project: Module 'xml' not found.
I also tried the library way(place the jar in to another project which is of type library, and add that project as dependency in the application). But I could n't get the solution.
Pls, help me----
05-23-2009 02:48 PM - edited 05-24-2009 03:20 AM
Try with the following approach.
a. Preverify your jar file (just in case if it is not preverified). Follow the steps below for preverifying:
1. Go to your JDE installation folder (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin)
2. Copy the jar file to bin folder.
3. Now open your command prompt and change your current directory to your JDE installation directory.
4. Now execute the following command:
preverify -classpath "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" "your_jar_filename"
5. In your bin directory(C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin) a folder named output will create.
6. Preverified jar file resides here.
b. Add the preverified jar file to your project (like normal java file).
The above approach worked for me.
If by any chance this approach not work for you. Try with the following:
05-24-2009 11:54 PM
Thank u for ur reply, But I develop the application in eclipse IDE using BlackBerry eclipse plug-in. Then, how to set this classpath in the eclipse environment-----
Pls, suggest me-----