Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Problems in Eclipse

Hi,I recently switched to JDE Plugin 1.1 in Eclipse.But it shows Access violation error when the simulator launches,can anyone tell what could be problem and its rectification,i just tried out using clean.bat file ,but it shows again same access violation error.Any Idea?

Regards

RakeshShankar.P

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problems in Eclipse

Which simulator is giving you this problem?  Have you tried to install and run the HelloWorldDemo from the sample pack to make sure everything is working?

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Highlighted
Developer

Hello Sir,thanks for your reply.I use storm simulator that i use and well this is the image

Plz check it and say.

Regards

Rakesh Shankar.P

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

It looks like you're running Vista. Did you do a clean install from 1.0 to 1.1 or did you upgrade your existing 1.0 install?

Is your version of Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer

No Sir,Its just Xp,it may be XP Sp3 with Vista theme around it.Its My Home PC.So

i m sure that's not vista,So Will it be a problem?

Developer

Ok. If you say it's a skin that's fine.

Did you upgrade your 1.0 to 1.1 or did you do a clean install?

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer

No sir,i did nt upgrade it.i have my Old Eclipse plugin1.0.67 in one directory (F drive)and i have these new Eclipse plugin 1.1 in My C(windows directory).My OldEclipse works well Sir,but i found the problem with this 1.1 .What do u mean by clean install,should i replace the old one with new one.Will it be a cause of  problem ,because of  running two eclipses IDE.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Shouldn't be a problem having to eclipse installations.  I see a warning in the picture.  Can you try and import the HelloWorldDemo sample app and see if that runs. 

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Developer

Hi i tried running sample code "ActiveTextFieldsDemo" and it showed the same error also.

Developer

Are you an administrative user of your machine? These errors are usually a result of permission or memory problems.