Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problems with Blackberry active events such as Call.

Hi people, I have a a few questions regarding Blackberry device application specifically for Blackberry Storm. I am totally a newbie and do not know much about these questions. I would really appreciate if someone could look into this and provide their valuable opinions. Here are the following points:

1. I am developing an application in which I need to super-impose the currently active event. I mean, say my device has received an email or a text message during a call, so would it be possible to display this message or email body on the screen even if the call is still active? I read it somewhere that super imposing a device event is not possible but I would still need a second opinion on this.  

2. Now say the above mentioned actions are not possible then would it be possible to hold on to my arrived message so that it can be displayed immediately after the call is finished?

3. Is it possible to kill a currently active call forcibly?

I would be really grateful if someone could provide some insight on these issues. Also, if there is an example or a document in place, any information about them would be highly appreciated. Once again, thanks a ton in advance to all.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problems with Blackberry active events such as Call.

Yes, you can display a screen on top of the Phone application.  Therefore you could display a message that has arrived.  Note that you can't display on top of the incoming call screen, but once the call has been answered you can show whatever you like.

There is no API in the BlackBerry API set that ends a phone call.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker