08-17-2011 09:58 AM
I am using Eclipse 3.5 and 1.1 plugin, just in case that something was changed in 1.3
My project has the following properties:
- ProjectName is the name of the project in eclipse.
- ModuleName is the output file name in the application descriptor
- ApplicationName is the name of the application from the resource bundle (selected in the application descriptor)
I would expect this:
the application title would be ApplicationName, the module name would be ModuleName.
What happens is this:
the above is happening, but:
- in the jad the midlet name is set to ProjectName, this means a downloading user gets a wrong name.
- in the list of installed applications the display is "ModuleName (ApplicationName)"
- in the details of the application (from the list of installed applications) the title is "ModuleName"
- when the application requests permissions on the first start the "ModuleName" is used.
(the application was directly loaded with javaloader, but downloading ota has the same result)
08-17-2011 10:43 PM
08-18-2011 03:00 AM
08-18-2011 02:43 PM
Note: I am using 1.3.
I have a project:
The name shown to the user in the Application list and on the homescreen is "UI Test Type".
The module is listed as UITestType.
The JAD file's midlet name is UITestType.
Have you tried cleaning the project and rebuilding? (A project I'm working on right now kept being "out of place" and cleaning and rebuilding fixed the issue, Eclipse never updated it).
08-19-2011 02:52 AM
08-19-2011 10:09 AM
Sure, now when you want me to rename it, do you mean a Refactor->Rename or to create a new project with a different name?
I'm going to do just the rename unless you want the other one.
08-19-2011 10:11 AM
08-19-2011 11:00 AM
I renamed the project to UITestType2.
Refactor did not change the module name:
I think part of the issue is the difference in handling Applications in OS 5 and 6.
OS 5 (9550 device):
Homescreen: UI Test Type
Applications (Options): UITestType2 AND UI Test Type
OS 6 (9800 sim):
Homescreen: UI test Type
Applications (Options): UITestType (UI Test Type)
I don't have a clue why the app shows up twice, there are no alternative entry points.