Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Programmatically Disabling Compatibility Mode

I am developing an application with JDE 4.2.1.  Currently, it runs in compatibility mode on Storm.  The next release will improve Storm support, but will still be built with JDE 4.2.1.  I have added "RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode: false" to my JAD file to disable compatibility mode, but I know this won't work if the application is installed via Desktop Manager.  And it won't change the compatibility setting if the user already has my application installed on the Storm.

I just discovered that if I override isInTouchCompatibilityMode so that it always returns false, my application will always run with compatability mode disabled regardless of the setting in Options > Advanced Options > Applications.  This only works if the application is build with JDE 4.7.0.  If I build with 4.2.1, compatability mode is governed by the setting in Applications, which is disappointing but not unexpected.

Is there any way to programmatically disable compatability mode from within a 4.2.1 application?  I'm trying to avoid the need for two separate builds and the need to provide instructions for disabling compatability mode.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Programmatically Disabling Compatibility Mode

Any ideas?  Thanks.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Programmatically Disabling Compatibility Mode

maybe the same attribute can be set in the alx? don't have the documentation here right now.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter