Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Programmatically check for the update and download and install latest and greatest

Hello there, I have jad, cod and jar files on the url. I can install the app by launching the url (with jad at the end). now what I want to do is - after the app is already installed, I want to programmatically check for the upgrade and if latest/greatest with new jad with date is there in the url, download and install. It is possible? how do i do this. thanks.

Developer

Re: Programmatically check for the update and download and install latest and greatest

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Programmatically check for the update and download and install latest and greatest

open the jad in your app, using an httpconnection. check the "MIDlet-Version:" tag and compare it with the local version (see CodeModuleManager).

You can just display the browser to download the jad (simple) or use CodeModuleManager to install the cod (complex).

Add basic authorization for password protected websites.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

It may be slightly quicker on stale versions , if your server honors it, to use an "If-modified-since" header for the jad request.

Then of course if you get the content you need to use code modul emanager and install it or download it ( again)

by invoking the RIM browser for manula install etc.