Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9360, BB10
My Carrier: Aircel

Re: how to manually add simulators in blackberry

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: how to manually add simulators in blackberry

Hi ishan,

You can find the simulators for any device type from blackberry. Please go through the following link for simulators. Just download the simulator whatever you want and install it on the system. The simulator will automatically add to the eclipse.

Link:

http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html

Scroll the page and Choose your smartphone and OS.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Simpati

setMargin and setPadding blackberry API

I have been trying some UI stuff on BB devices and I'm a bit confused between setMargin and setPadding functions of the Field class. I know their definitions but I dont get when I'm supposed to use either of one for any field. Any help, examples would be highly appreciated! Thanks

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: setMargin and setPadding blackberry API

ihsanr wrote:

I have been trying some UI stuff on BB devices and I'm a bit confused between setMargin and setPadding functions of the Field class. I know their definitions but I dont get when I'm supposed to use either of one for any field. Any help, examples would be highly appreciated! Thanks

Please start posting your developer questions in the Java Developer section of this forum and not in the user/consumer model sections, thanks!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer

Re: setMargin and setPadding blackberry API

Regular Contributor

validation for email in blackberry

I am developing a form where the user needs to enter a valid email. He/she will use it as a loginid to play the game.I want to know how can I validate the username containing @, similar to string.contains function. I learnt we can use string.indexOf() but it is not supporting "@". Kindly suggest how do I carry out this validation. When the email editfield loses focus, the username must be checked to see if it contains "@" or not. Any suggestion for this issue??

Regular Contributor

Unable to send email with BlackBerry simulator

I'm using the Blackberry simulator,trying to send a message still cannot send email messages from the simulator...so how to send email in BlackBerry Simulator..., Any one have solve this issue??

Developer
Regular Contributor

Blackberry http connection problem

My app uses an http connection to a server. when I run it on an 8900 simulator it gives the error "java.io.IOException:Tunnel Failed." Any one have solve this issue??