Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Simpati

Error while loading COD file in Blackberry

I am trying to load COD file. The Eclipse plugin for Blackberry has copied the file in Simulator folder. But When the application is launched in simulator I get UI-5.cod file not found. The cod file has 12 sub cod files within it. UI-5.cod is indeed present when I unzip the cod file. Please advise.

Regular Contributor

DateField display correct on simulator but not correct on device

I save the time of DateField with string such as "String time = "8 March 2012 05:44:00" And this dateField display correct "8 March 2012 05:44" on simulator . but display different in device any body have suggestion??

Regular Contributor

error when debug in Blackberry simulator

I am debugging my application and i got this in consol- simulator also automatically get closed due to this.(I use simulator 8900) How?What is the reason?

I cant debug my apps now.What should be done.

Regular Contributor

Application not run on Blackberry Device

i create my own browser & now i want to run it my blackberry device. but it is not run on blackberry device.. it says source not found exception. Any body have suggestion to solve this issue?

Regular Contributor

Deploy Java code to BlackBerry device without signing keys

I want to deploy code directly to a BlackBerry device, but I do not have any RIM code signing keys. Is there a way to do this without the keys?

Currently I am using the .cod files to deploy on a BlackBerry device simulator. Any suggestion will be appreciated

Regular Contributor

BlackBerry Messaging build

i have problem with building

i am trying to connect app with BBM

net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar can not be exported because some class in it was eviscerated (content of a class file was removed). Any body have suggestion to fix this?

Regular Contributor

BlackBerry Messenger API for non-RIM Device

I was wondering if RIM published an API that allows third party apps on non-RIM devices, like the iPhone, to send and receive blackberry messages??? any suggestion will be appreciated

Regular Contributor

How to package and deploy blackberry apps to device from Eclipse

How do I package and distribute my apps from the Eclipse IDE?

My apps work within the simulators, but I have no idea how to deploy them to my blackberry device.

I moved the files to the Media card but I kept getting errors (i.e. invalid COD errors). Any suggestion to solve this issue?

Regular Contributor

PictureScrollField in BlackBerry

I want to create a PictureScrollField using some images in Blackberry.By default it is displayed on the top of the screen with the given width and height. But if we want to display the entire one at certain coordinates say(x,y),then how to align them. Any body have similar issue?

Regular Contributor

Blackberry Browser isn't working on handhelds but it does in the simulator

I'm trying to launch the Blackberry browser from within my app and it works for the simulator, but it doesn't for the device. It launched the browser, but it doesn't load the page. This is the error I get "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld". Any body have suggestion to solve this issue?