Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Push Background/Foreground issue

It was not entirely clear to me what you wanted in the original post, good that we have that clarified!

you can put the applicationindicator into the runtimestore, in this way both the background app and the UI app can access it, change its value and visibility etc.
I do that in my apps.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: 9100
My Carrier: movilnet

thats why i was not clear about how achieve the update in the notifiction icon homeScreen from the push listener (bakgound app) , now i think the globalEventListener is a wrong way to achiave, beacuse in ur last post obiusly i need  put in the runtimeStor the reference of the appilactionIdicator... OMG i lose like 3 dias xD well nvm, i know u are bussy but as i want recovery the most time possible, and i know u are bussy but help me =D, share a minimalist code of how u update from backgraound the  applicationindicator, I will be very grateful if u do it

Developer

too bad for your lost time, but don't worry, you learned stuff about global events, applicationmanager etc, you will most likely need them again in the future.

you can check the runtimestore sample here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Create-a-singleton-using-the-RuntimeStore/ta...

just put an applicationindicator there and register it on creation, should be quite simple.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

thx i will not forget press the solved button, i will do this tomorrow beacause i work half time until i get graduate soon Smiley Wink

Developer

[ Edited ]

thx u solved to issue in this post, u really help a lot Smiley Happy .

Now  i have a couple of question, about why when i press the new notification icon , in the small indicator icon on the homescreen, shows a icon of my app with the name of the app and when i press that icon the is like if i press the "regular/bigest" icon  and open the UI app that is spected because i setup the entry point like that.

the question is how i open the (Uiapp) with some argumes ??? where i cant use the appManager to achieve this??? i read something about use the AppManager with a template if the UIApp is alredy open is that right??

btw shoud i open a new thread for this new questions??

Developer

yes, it is best to keep one question to one thread, you marked this as solved and most people won't read solved threads.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: compny

Hi zin zin 

How did you solved this problem me also using process() method inside push messages reader class to display the global push messages ,It is displaying fine, But my problem that it is displaying two times means .Means if my app is closed that time popup is coming with messages,after closing the popup while I am opening the app by clicking on app icon that time also it is coming.

Can you help me please

thanks

Highlighted
Developer

hi there i dont understand you at all, you problems is when u re-Open the app ?? or when u get 2 messages the app chars?? put some code of that process method.