Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Push Notification

Hi,

I am currently working on push notification, i already install Push Service App and i manage  to push and the device recive the push.

The problem is the notification only show on top, it didnt list and show on notification list, and i want it like the other application that shown on the list of notification and it integrated with out application.

If can, can provide me the sample code for it ?

Regards,

Andi

New Developer
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

Re: Push Notification

Hi Andy,

Completely different things. You must manage the push notifications and the notifications objects as a separate things. I mean, when you receive the push notifications you must tell the device to add a notification message. Just like this:

At the startup:

NotificationsManager.registerSource( notificationsGeneral , new Object()
        {
            public String toString()
            {
                return "Your App Notifications";
            }
        }, NotificationsConstants.IMPORTANT );

The above code will register your app to allow the user customize the behavior of the alert, like the sound, vibration, etc.

Then, you must register a folder for the notification messages, like this:

private void startMessageFolder(){

ApplicationFolderIntegrationConfig config = new   ApplicationFolderIntegrationConfig(
                false, true, ApplicationDescriptor.currentApplicationDescriptor());

appFolder = ApplicationMessageFolderRegistry.getInstance().registerFolder(
                    uniqueID, "Your App", new ReadableListImpl(),config);

}

And finally, when you receive a push notification, invoke a method to add a message, and a second method to invoke an alert,  like this:

public static void addNotificationMessage(final String title, final String subject,
                final String previewMsg, final long notificationType, final boolean badgeToolbar,
                final int badgeButton){

triggerNotification(notificationType);

synchronized(Application.getEventLock()){           
            ApplicationMessage msg = new ApplicationMessage(title, subject,previewMsg, System.currentTimeMillis());
            appFolder.fireElementAdded(msg);   
        }

}

public static void triggerNotification(long notificationType){
        NotificationsManager.triggerImmediateEvent(notificationType, 0, null, null);    
    }

Hope it helps,

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Push Notification

you can also check the notification demo application for notifications, and the messagelistdemo for the inbox integration.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter