Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

RK1
New Contributor
My Device: Non BlackBerry user
My Carrier: 1

Push & Pop Screen Concept

Hi,

When pushed the screens were pushed successfully from one class to another but when tried to retreive the first screen back again using popScreen it is giving NullPointerException.

Thanks,

RK1

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Push & Pop Screen Concept

Remember that the Display stack is a stack.  So you push a screen onto the stack, and the new screen is displayed on top.  If you pop the current screen off the stack, then the screen underneath will be displayed.  So normally you will be popping the current screen using code like

UiApplication.getUiApplication().popScreen(this);

And if your code looks like the above, it can't get a NPE from the screen reference!

Hope this sheds some light on your problem.  If not, then we will need to see the line of code that throws the NPE and tell us what is null (if it is not obvious).