Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: COSMOTE

RIM Runtime Code Signing Key error

Hi,
I'm a fresh developer on a 9700 device trying to deploy and run a simple application that shows a labelfield but I'm running into RRT issue. No compiler or build notifications messages about using a secure package. Application launches fine on simulator even using the
v5.0.0.400(Platform 5.1.0.110)

Hi, I'm a fresh developer on a 9700 device trying to deploy and run a simple application but I'm running into RRT issue. No compiler or build notifications messages about using a secure package. Using the following packages:

import net.rim.device.api.ui.Color;

import net.rim.device.api.ui.Field;

import net.rim.device.api.ui.FieldChangeListener;

import net.rim.device.api.ui.component.ButtonField;

import net.rim.device.api.ui.component.LabelField;

import net.rim.device.api.ui.container.GridFieldManager;

import net.rim.device.api.ui.container.MainScreen;

import net.rim.device.api.ui.decor.BackgroundFactory;

Using BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.1.200911111641-15 and BlackBerry_Simulators_5.0.0.423_9700

Am I doing something wrong?

Developer
My Device: Bold 2 - Pearl 8120

Re: RIM Runtime Code Signing Key error

Hi,

Are the classes you listed all the clases used in your app?

The classes that need to be signed, works well in sumulator and you can compile it without any problem, in api documents if the class need to be signed have a checkbox  "SHOW Signed".  Check the imports in your code. 

Regards,

If your issue is resolved, please mark this thread as solved. Click "Accept as solution" on the post that contains the answer to your question.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: COSMOTE

Re: RIM Runtime Code Signing Key error

Only using two classes, first extends UIApplication and the second has the imports show in my initial post. After checking the "Enable device security" on the run configuration I can't run on it on simulator either (receiving a JVM 104 error).

Is there a way to receive notifications about secured packages or methods? After reviewing the Development Guide Core 5.0 beta can't seem to find any of by ui.* on the Java APIs with controlled access.

Dean

ps.Sorry about the duplicate entry in my introduction text. Can't seem to be able to find an edit option.