Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Read email id configured in device in the app

[ Edited ]

Actually i was going through ur post in http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-to-retrive-the-configured-mail-id-into-m... but i was not able to understand it.To retreive the id do we have do some configuration here

Go to Options > Advanced > Default Services > and set your default email there. ? This should be tested only in device ?we cannot test this thing simulator?

The default services is set to "DESKTOP" ,what does it mean,how will i get  the id since its set to desktop.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The instructions

"Options > Advanced > Default Services > and set your default email there"

were accurate in 2009, but that was a long time and a significant number of OS levels ago.  You should find a Setup icon for email on your device now. 

Also, those instructions are to add email services, not retrieve them.

I haven't tried to set up multiple email services on a Simulator, I'm not sure if you can and even if you can, you will find it difficult to test real emails going to and from it.  So I suggest you set up multiple emails on a device and then you are testing your code for real too.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Peter,

I am going to use the same code shared by you on the device and test the same.Will update the output in some time.

Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot peter ,it worked superb ,i understood the process now.I promise now that i will search and then post.