Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Receive queue overrun

Hi,

In my app I am connecting to a server through MDS but after few messages received from server, its throwing 

"Receive Queue Overrun" !

Can anybody help me to figure out what would have caused this error ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer

Re: Receive queue overrun

aren't there any netrwork expert out there to help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How many logical packets per second are you receiving (sending from the server)?

Developer

I am using MDS, and then on socket  I read around 331KB of needed payload from packet in 2 minutes or so and then this error come.At the same time I am sending to server a response containing payload of 1.5KB.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

See if the error goes away when you read 30 kB in two minutes. If it does, then the issue is probably caused by a rate of data flow that is too high...

Developer

OK.

So what exactly is this receive queue ?

Developer

is it  a queue maintained by client for incoming packets for which it has to send ACK, wwhen more packets arrived it overflows.

is that so?

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Do you have threads dedicated to reading and writing your data?  Note that processing of the data should occur on another thread.  I recommend reading the following.

How To - Process incoming data
Article Number: DB-00466

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/How_To_...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker