Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: XZY

Regarding Folder Creation

Hi,
           I have one problem. i have application which create the file inside the file:///store/xyz.zip. and it is working fine on os6.0 and i have tested on device 9800. and it is working fine. but the problem is when i am testing the same application on os7.1 it not allowing to create the file in file:///store/xyz.zip. and even not allowing to create the folder inside the file:///store/xyz/ . is blackberry has change folder permission in os 7.1. please help 
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: Regarding Folder Creation

Sorry don't know anything about permissions. But usualy every sample do file manipulation in file:///store/home/user/

Developer

Thanks for replay but is there any way to create folder like  file:///store/xyz/ ??? 

Developer

Sorry I don't know.

Any reason why do you need this specific folder?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I believe permissions have changed over the years, but not between OS 6.0 and OS 7.  It is possible however that the device does not have an internal card, so does not actually have "store".  What device have you been testing on?

Developer

Cool!

Peter is back. So I could give my task cahnce to be finished. closing forum till evening Smiley Happy

Developer

Hey Peter thanks. iam using blackberry 9220. device(not working). and the device i tested is smartphone 9800(it is working here)

Developer

OK, that phone does come with 0.5GB of on phone storage, not sure it that is available to you.  If you have one, can you see if the Files Applicatin can update this?

Developer

Hey peter  , what does mean "  can you see if the Files Applicatin can update this?". can u explain in detail.

Developer

Start you BB, from the Home screen choose the Applications Folder.  In there choose the Files application.  It is an Explorer like application that will view both the built-in and external SD Card.  Using it, you can see if you can indeed create directories on the store built-in media card.