Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T

Reload Software 507

I am running the latest eclipse plugin.  A few days ago, when I attempted launching the Storm simulator through Eclipse, it began booting up with a white screen; and error icon, and the text "Reload software 507".

I tried to run the clean process to wipe all simulator content; but it did not help.  I also tried to connect to the device with javaloader and issue "resettofactory".  This seemed to start to work - after restarting I was shown a "wiping..." progress bar. But when the bar reached 100% the simulator hung. After forcing it to shut down and restarting it again, I was again shown "Reload software 507".

I also have this problem with the Tour simulator; but not with the Bold 9700 simulators; or any non-5.0 simulators so far. 

Anyone have an idea?

I've seen this post: 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Simulator-says-Reload-Software-507/m-p/87636

But I  have not done any kind of install-over; and am hoping not to have to reinstall the plugins.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Reload Software 507

[ Edited ]

Try removing the *.dmp files in the simulator directory.

This wipes all of the "simulated" flash memory.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the suggestion RexDoug; I had tried this as well with no luck.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem. I went to the simulator plugin directory and ran clean.bat (my folder for this was C:\Program Files\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.7.0_4.7.0.46\components\simulator) I then ran the simulator from there (9500.bat), closed it and it fixed the problem. when I run debugger from simulator I don't have a problem anymore