Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 and Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Remote Access to a database

i am a begineer to developing application on the blackberry, I told by my boss that I have to create an app that would involve users gaining access to our database using they blackberry phones.

Now I have looked around the forums on this site and many others and have not found a clear way to start developing this app using blackberry jde.

I was wondering if anyone can help me by instructed me on the right way

Thanks

Krish

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Remote Access to a database

there is no JDBC or similar on the blackberry. this means you need a server-side application that connects database and blackberry, for example using webservices or other interfaces.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Many other people on this forum have asked a similar question - search for SQL and Server and review what you find.  The same procedures apply regardless of whether you have SQL or another database. 

New Contributor

I am thinking of using SQLite for the database element of my application I would have chosen SQL anywhere 11 with ultralite but I am having problem in downloading the program to start this. 

My plan is to use SQLite and follow the instructions from the blackberry website and follow on from there

Thanks

Krish

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

SQLite does not offer any synchronization facility with any external database.  If you want that, then you should give the Sybase product a go.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for that I am working on Ultralitej example using SQL Anywhere 11but at this moment I am having an issue in locating Sybase Central plugin on SQL Anywhere 11 for me to be able to synchornize the application with the SQL database I have phoned up sybase themselves and all they said once to reinstall the product and no luck.