Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Vodaphone
Accepted Solution

Renewal keys in in-app billling

Hi all,

Is it possible to store renewal keys as digital goods. My application is already published on app world as a paid app and while renewing I want to use in app-billing. Can we use 2 set of reneal key pools, one for 1 year duration and other for 2 year duration?

Thanks. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Renewal keys in in-app billling

Keys aren't needed for subscription-based apps, you can use the Payment SDK to verify the status of a subscription.

Is there a use case where the Payment SDK would not be ideal to use?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Do want to say that we can have 2 different subscriptions one for 1 year and other for 2 years?

Developer

In case of subcription, by default user has to renew the app at the end of subscribed period. But my client dont want to do that. We don't want to continue the subscription, user should continue using the app only if he/she wants to.

Also I could not find any option for subscription of 1 or 2 year duration. It only shows options of 7 days or 30 days subscription.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Just 7 or 30 days. The user can cancel if they would not like to continue the subscription, but there is no auto-cancellation.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Highlighted
Developer

I solved the issue using 1 release and 2 digital goods for the application. The digital goods has SKUs one for each. When the user wants to renew the app, I ask, the type of subscription required (1 year/2 years). Then accordingly set the SKU of digital goods. The digital goods is a renewal key for appropriate duration.