Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: BlackBerry@8520 smartphone(Edge,Wi-fi)
My Carrier: vodafone

Retreiving fields

The same problem is still buzzing me.Maybe someone could answer what to do if i want to access a particular field of the bbm Ui through my code...lets say a field.

Wht do u mean by a module in this case and how do i actually find out the name of the module that i want to access.

p.s.: When i can access my msging contacts,pins thru programming, then why not this field

My Device: BlackBerry@8520 smartphone(Edge,Wi-fi)
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Retreiving fields

i see no help coming my way
My Device: Dev Alpha, 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Retreiving fields

Do you want to access BBM messages or something? Because that's not exactly possible.

I've got 99 problems and eclipse is all of them

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Retrieving fields

<off topic>

You have raised and stopped a number of similar questions.  Can you please tidy up your loose-ends, and mark Threads that you no longer wish to continue as solved. 

And when you have a related question or in fact a continuation of a question, it is appropriate to continue on the same Thread or at least cross reference a Thread.  Starting a new Thread because you don't like where a Thread is going or you are not getting the answer you want is not an appropriate response. 

You have have asked this or similar questions a number of times and each time you have been told that you can't do what you want.  Sorry, but that is the way it is.  Asking the question again will not change this.

</off topic>

See also this Thread:

and this Thread:

and this Thread:

and I strongly suspect that this Thread is going the same way: