Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Rim Api Access permission denied After the registration process using .csi files ???

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Bug Details

I have some access denied problems while using my Application in Blackberry Bold phone (Throws ControlledAccessException).

But curve phones did not shows this problem.

(Only blakberry Bold Real phones have this problem .Bold simulator did not see any problems while running the application)

Think this is caused while callingthe methods in  CodeModuleManager class 

Eg: CodeModuleManager.getModuleHandles()

Then there is an options in the blackberry eclips plugun for enable API access permission.

(I registed in Blackberry site and got the three files(.csi) for Signature keys and registerd using the options in eclips)

The api access enable option only shows in eclips, which is installed in xp machine

But it is not displayed in the eclips which is run on Windos vista.

Then how can i solve the issue ?.

(The  registration of sig key files(.csi)  done in the Windows vista machine using eclips plugin, then the same workspace copied to the xp machine.)

Questions

How can i solve the issue ?

1. Is improper registration of the .csi files caussed ControlledAccessException in Bold 9000 real phone(Curve phones did not have the issue) ? Or any other reson ?

2. Actual steps for registering the code signature after getting the 3 key files (I got that .csi files from RIM).?

Please Replay ?

Message Edited by prajith on 07-24-2009 08:08 AM
Developer

Re: Rim Api Access permission denied After the registration process using .csi files ???

Have you set the Application permision to allow?

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

Re: Rim Api Access permission denied After the registration process using .csi files ???

Hi ,

thank you for your response

Please read the following

The problem raised while calling method

applicationDescriptor.getLocalizedName();

Then I used

applicationDescriptor.getName();

instead of the above

Then the issue solved.

Then there is no information about this access problem in java doc.

In the curve series there is no issue while invoke applicationDescriptor.getLocalizedName(); method

You have any idea about this.

Or this is a bug ?

Thanks

Developer

What is the JDE you are compileing and the OS version of the device which is giving the Exception.

Developer

The os verion of the bold phone is 4.6 (Bold 9000)

JDEversion :  BlackBerry_JDE_4.2.0

Developer

applicationDescriptor.getLocalizedName() is supported from 4.2.1, This should not cause any problem on Bold. Have you got a chance to test it on any other Bold device which ahs differnet OS.

Did your JDE 4.2.0 compiles applicationDescriptor.getLocalizedName()?

Developer

[ Edited ]

Sorry,

I make one mistake,

I am not used 4.2 jde,  actually  used the eclips ide with BB plugin

Blackberry JDE component pack 4.5.0 is used for compile the same

In the include libreries configuration it shows ...... net.rim.eide.componentpack4.5.0_4.0.5.16\components\lib

and the  device configuration path is C:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.5.0_4.5.0.16\components\MDS

I tried to run the application in 2 different bold phones(series) one is an old phone. I don't know the OS version of that old one . But the result is same.

Message Edited by prajith on 07-29-2009 07:40 AM
Developer

To confirm its a reall bug or something, you can give a try on some other Bold devices If it is the same then you could report to RIM.

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

I am sure about that the error shows in different bold phones(3 or 4) .

Then after change the method  getLocalizedName with getName, i tested in only one phone (bold 9000) .

It  worked with any other  problems. (This series also shows )

If i got more series for verify this issue, Then I  will replay.

Thanks

Where can I post,  if  this one is a bug  (URL or site) ?

Message Edited by prajith on 07-29-2009 08:26 AM