10-15-2008 08:02 AM
I am developing an application for BlackBerry Pearl 8110 that will send and receive an SMS. I am able to send an SMS through the application. I want to do the following things with the application:
1. Run the application when the phone is switched on (like a background service)
2. Grab an SMS which has a fixed five characters say "ABCDE" at the beginning and one character say "A" at the end. For extracting the beginning and end characters we can use CharAt() and SubString(), but before we extract it we need to grab the SMS and store it in some variable.
3. Invoke an application when the SMS comes in with the above criteria.
4. Do not let the SMS go into the SMS inbox (phone's inbox) or grab the SMS from the phone's inbox, whichever is possible
5. Navigate from one screen to another with the value from the previous screen.(i.e assigning some global variables and using them)
6. Use radio buttons for different options and when one of then is selected, then do some action like send message or go to the next page/screen
I am using BlackBery JDE 4.5
10-15-2008 08:26 AM
10-15-2008 11:23 AM
1. How To - Configure an application to start automatically when the device is turned on
Article Number: DB-00002
2 What is - Different ways to listen for SMS messages
Article Number: DB-00579
3. Refer to the JavaDocs for the Invoke class.
4. How To - Use SMS to notify an application
Article Number: DB-00533
5. There are various ways to handle this. You can create class/application level variables or pass the data in as a parameter to a custom screen.
6. Please refer to the JavaDocs for the RadioButton, RadioButtonGroup and FieldChangedListener APIs.
10-23-2008 12:18 AM
Thanks for your help.
I have created a menu system and when the menu options are clicked I display a button and on the click of that button I want to send an SMS to a particular number, but it gives an error: “java.lang.RunTimeException:application: already running in this process”
Can anyone please let me know how to overcome with that error.
10-23-2008 11:20 AM