Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700

SQL-lite in Blackberry 4.5

Hi,

I am developing a messenger application for blackberry version 4.2 or later.  Since I have a large amount of data to be stored, I prefer to user SQLite as the database. In documents it is mentioned that Blackberry Version5.0 and later provides built in SQLlite.  IS there anyway to use SQLite in version 4.2 or later?  Please reply as soon as possible.

Contributor
My Device: 9520
My Carrier: no

Re: SQL-lite in Blackberry 4.5

Hello Dear,

Use sqlite database storage in sdCard of mobile then use large database size for your device and don't use device memory for large sqlite database other wise your application is not usable for your device..................

Manoj Kumar Baghela

Regular Contributor

Can we use SQLlite in Blackberry 4.2 or 4.5. If yes please let me know how to do that.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

to my knowledge, sql-lite cannot be used with 4.5 or lower. U may install it on your card and use which i haven't tried. But another fact is, 4.5 and lower doesn't allow you to install softwares on the card. So I think you are left only with the persistent store option.

Regular Contributor

thank u koolshiva,

I decided to use persistent storage