Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sample HTTP Connection code and BIS-B Access

I think you will find that the code does a Thread.yield(), but this is within a loop that will  try the request again because tryAgain is set true.  Review the code again to confirm. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9810
My Carrier: Generic

How to use BIS-B parameter in connection factory (OS 5.0 ) ?

Kamalesh
Developer

Supply a BisBOptions object to your ConnectionFactory and make sure you have enabled it. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9810
My Carrier: Generic

Thanks peter,

It works.

Kamalesh
Developer
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: MTN

Good day peter , 

i am trying to make a BIS connection ,When you say put that string in URLFactory for BIS , what about the details sent to you by rim like app id and such should they be also placed as a parameter to the URLFactory constructor ? , And also to make a BIS Connection does my client app need to create a socket binding to the bis server before making a http request , thanks for your support .

Highlighted
Developer

"what about the details sent to you by rim like app id and such should they be also placed as a parameter to the URLFactory constructor ?"

No

"details sent to you by rim like app id and such should they be also placed as a parameter to the URLFactory constructor ? , And also to make a BIS Connection does my client app need to create a socket binding to the bis server before making a http request "

No

If you are using the connection suffix approach to selecting your connection method, the only thing you need for a BIS-B connection is the 'magic' string provided by RIM as the connection suffix. 

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

So i have the sample app setup in Eclipse with the BlackBerry addon
And maybe it's just because i'm a noob with Eclipse but i don't know how to access the jdp files,

so i can have them to do what ever their purpose is.

I have your sample app all setup though and working, it's just how could i access them in a workspace.
-New BB Project?
  -then ?

It's weird, it kinda looks like it plays the same as the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml
but idk.

Also i've read through all the posts and I'm wondering, the url is the server right?
And the ID and Data are? If i set up a SQL would i use ID and DATA as the tags to accept the data?
Thanks
-Jon