Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Digicel

Screen transition problem

Hi, thanks for waltzing by

I have a custom screen, that when pushed onto the stack, does so with a slide transition. I have a buttonField for now that pushes the screen-I'm just doing some testing with transitions. 

Their are no errors or exceptions thrown however there is something fishy about the transition when it is done the first time. 

When it is pushed for the first time the screen just seems to appear on screen, no sliding or anything. However after that point it it works perfectly. This behaviour is very haphazard, and at other times it works fine off the bat. Is this a simulator issue? Or is my code wrong?

You would be meaningless.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Digicel

Re: Screen transition problem

So on the first go, the screen doesn't transition. It just appears. Does anyone know why this happens?

You would be meaningless.
Developer
My Device: 9700

Re: Screen transition problem

Hi,

I hope you've solved it by now. If not:

It sounds that you used the setTransition method with both screens defined.

Try adding the same transition for the case that fromScreen is null and the toScreen is your screen.

E.