Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Screens Problem

Hi,

I am new to blackberry development. I work on a projet which has many Screens, now the problem is when I try to add my 15th screen, I found that the application went wrong: First of all, I can not use pushScreen to show the 15th screen; secondly, when I try to change the code to make some changes, after I ran the  application in the simulator,there is nothing changed; that is to say it stay in the situation which is before I added the 15th screen; after try all the ways , I found that if I want to make some changes, I have to delete the 15th screen. I also try the way that delete 3 old Screens, and then add the 15th Screen , It works. So can someone tell me whether there is a maximum number for the screen in one application. or it is the problem of my codes.

Please help me if you know the reason, I am a kind of losing my mind, I try all the methods I know but it did not work,by the way I use the 4.5 and simulator 8800.

Excuse me for my poor English, Thanks in advance;

Lucas

Highlighted
Developer

Re: Screens Problem

Just done some testing, there is not a limit of 15 Screens on the stack.  Sorry, I think there is a problem with your code.

I'm a bit concerned about your testing environment.  What OS level is running on your 8800 Simulator (See Options-->About).  If it is not 4.5 then you are developing using a later level of OS than you have on the device (or SImulator) and this is not supported.  If you need to develop for the the 8800, you should be using 4.2.1.

New Developer

thanks very much for your reply, peter. I have download the  BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse v1.0 with the BlackBerry® Java® Development Environment (BlackBe...  so there is the 8800 in the list of simulator, By the way I did not find the menu Options in my simulator, there is just "File Edit View Simulate Tools Help". I did find the about int the Help.the information is About - BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator
---------------------------------------
BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator 2.9.0.52
Special thanks to the wxWidgets, C++ Boost, and PortAudio projects.
?1997-2008 Research In Motion Limited

So I do not know what is the problem , should I change the simulator?

Lucas

Developer

Sorry I don't know how to change the SImulator in Eclipse.  However I thought the default simulator was an 8300.

One the 8800 screen, you should see an Options icon (a spanner).  Click on that, and then click on About to find out the level of the Simulator.

New Developer

Thanks peter, I found that icon and il says v4.5.044(platform) . I spent almost a week on the screens,  I will do the text later; Thanks for your reply.
Developer

Seeing 4.5, means you are using the correct simulator, so my concern about you using a wrong simulator is not true.  I've just retested in 4.5 and got to a screen depth of 25 before I got bored.  So, sorry, I think there is a problem in your code.