Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telcel

Scroll arrows on HorizontalFieldManager

Hey Gurus

I've doing a search for a couple of days on how to display the small arrows that appear on a VerticalFieldManager when you have more content than the one that can be displayed on the screen for a HorizontalFieldManager but I can't find anything here at the forums, at Stackoverflow, KB articles, Google, etc., nothing that works

I have an HorizontalFieldManager that has about 15 LabelFields, each LabelField with a word, it's some kind of menu. Since not all the fields fit in the screen width you can scroll the HorizontalFieldManager forwards and backwards with no problem but I want to have a way to inform the user that there are more items on the HorizontalFieldManager so that he know that he can scroll the Manager.

I was trying to do it by:

HorizontalFieldManager manager = new HorizontalFieldManager(HORIZONTAL_SCROLL | HORIZONTAL_SCROLLBAR);	

But that doesn't work, it just won't show the scroll bars or the arrows.

Do you guys know a way in which I can show the arrows that are shown on the VerticalFieldManager?

Something like this is what I'm looking for, though the arrows are more sophisticated in this example (look at the top text menu and the scroll arrows at the left and the right) :

Right scroll

Left and right scroll

Right scroll