Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SecurityException (JSR 177 access for this connection is not permitted) on UICC Access

I tried running the following code to open an APDUConnection with a UICC based SIM card (with a Gemalto SE). I checked for the availibility of the UICC sim using

secureElement.getURI() and secureElement.getType() 

and then tried to open an APDU connection using the URI and target as follows:

APDUConnection connection = (APDUConnection)Connector.open("apdu:0;target=a0.00.00.00.03.00.00.00"); 

I got the following Exception:

Class: SecurityException
Message: JSR 177 access for this connection is not permitted

I tried searching the forums for the Gemalto chip as well as JSR177 related errors. 

As suggested on one of the forums for JSR177, I tried adding

MIDlet-permissions: javax.microedition.apdu.aid,javax.microedition.apdu.sat,javax.microedition.jcrmi
to our application's JAD file, and the application was built using the NFCR and RESE signing keys. However, none of the approaches gave us the desired result. 

Note: The same code works for the embedded secure element on the BlackBerry device. (with the slot number for the embedded secure element provided in the connection URL)
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: SecurityException (JSR 177 access for this connection is not permitted) on UICC Access

Have you already found a solution?