Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Sharing my library with a business partner

yerraberry wrote:
DAquilina wrote:

Very true. As I said, it's not a perfect solution by any means. I'm not sure what IPC is, so I'm afraid I have no insight on that particular matter. I'm fairly new to all of this.

Good luck,

~Dom

@Dom- 344 messages, 140 kudos and you claim you are new?  Your modesty deserves another kudos.  I have to learn this  quality from Canadians :smileywink:

@yerraberry

Thank you sir Smiley Happy I should make reference to my registration date though Smiley Wink I've only been programming for the BlackBerry for about two months, though I have a somewhat extensive Java background. I'm a quick, dedicated learner, and I'll always do my best to help out where I can. That said, most of my kudos came from other sections. The "Welcome and Introductions" section is quite generous...

P.S. - I still don't know how to propery quote on these forums XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Developer
My Device: 8520, 8900, 9000, 9300, 9650, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9810, 9900, 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

yerraberry wrote:

We have code that our partner company would like to use.  I am more than happy to share the library with them so we can get our work done faster.  However, I am not comfortable providing them the source code for these classes (there is potential IP).

How can I build a library out of my classes and distribute only binaries to this partner?

This is what I would do.

Package your library as background app and install it on the users' BBs. Your partner's app can send a global event which your 'library can recognise and returns an INTERFACE to your object. This way, you give them the interface definition and nothing else, a.k.a. Windows OLE dispatch interface method.

BTW. You also provide an EXIT method on the interface to shutdown your "library"

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks everybody.  Very useful discussion.