Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

SiRFstudio Location SDK - Cell-ID and GPS location

[ Edited ]

CSR plc is pleased to announce " SiRFstudio Location SDK for BlackBerry platform"  for the BlackBerry developer community.

SiRFstudio Location SDK allows an application to obtain location using Cell-Id or  GPS location Methods. It enables BlackBerry developers to support thier Location Based applications on Non-GPS devices; and to obtain location where GPS fix or location is not available, such as Indoor areas

You can download the location SDK fromhttp://ota.ss.sirf.com/sdk/SSC-BB-LOCATION_1.6.9.zi

SiRFstudio Client BlackBerry Location SDK (SSC_BB_LOC-1.6.9.zip) contain

• lib/SiRFstudioAPI.jar - SiRFstudio client library to obtain cell-id locatio
  • SiRFstudio Client Location API Overview.docx - Document describing SiRFstudio Client features and typical APIs and their usage.
  • Javadoc - API documentation in html format.
  • Sample/src - Sample Application source code

Note: you will need an API key to use the library. To get an API key, please send us an email at either support.lifeline@csr.com or supportlifeline@csr.com and please mention  SSC-APP-KEY in the subject line. We will send you an API key within 48 hrs.

please share your feedback on the SDK with us by sending an email to supportlifeline@csr.com. Please don't reply to this post. 

System Requirement

• SiRFstudio Location SDK version is compatible with BlackBerry OS 4.5 onwards.
  • BlackBerry Certificate for  Signing your application.
  • Application Key provided by CSR to use the SiRFstudio Client library, as described above

Please also check out our lifeline application - Real-time Tracking and Geo-Alert evaluation.

Thanks,

CSR support Team

support.lifeline@csr.com

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SiRFstudio Location SDK - Cell-ID and GPS location

How accurate is this? google gears is off about 200 ft in my scenarios...
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SiRFstudio Location SDK - Cell-ID and GPS location

Does this come with webworks hooks? does it override any geolocation features?