Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: bold 2
My Carrier: Software engineer

Signature tool - Invalid private password

Hi,

Recently I successfully registered my signature keys. After Importing the existing key into another Eclipse installation I'm getting an error message when I try to sign my application (Invalid password).Does anybody now how to regenerate a new key-pair or which should be the general procedure to follow in this case? I  have already sent to devsupport an email explaining the problem,but I would like to have an alternative solution to try meanwhile I'm waiting for their reply.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB-9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Signature tool - Invalid private password

You can try to remove sigtool.csk, sigtool.db and sigtool.set file from your bin folder of installation and try to install keys again in the eclipse.

Thanks

Regards

-Abhijit

Please mark kudos if you get the solution

Regular Contributor

I've removed them,but when I try to register the keys again it asks me for the private key password. 

Regular Contributor

could I remove the keys and reinstall since it's the same PC??

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700

What version of Eclipse plug-in do You use? I faced with similar problem with the last 1.1.2 version. The solution was next: I put my keys( sigtool.csk, sigtool.db, sigtool.set) into "c:\Program Files\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde\vmTools\", of course this is my tree of folder.

Regular Contributor

I'm using the 3.5.0 the keys where created on another instance of eclipse running on the same machine (3.4.1). The point is that now the private key is not working and I don't know how to retrieve that. The files you're talking about are already in that folder (they were copied when I imported the project). I would like just to retrieve\reset my private key.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

There is no reset mechanism for your code signing key password.  To choose a new one, you'll need to re-install your keys.  You can contact devsupport@rim.com to request a replacement set of csi files be sent to you that you can use to re-install (the csi files that you were sent can only be installed once).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: STC

Hi, I was having my company pop email working properly before, then we changed the email server, so the password was changed and I deleted that email account completely and tried to set it again but it keeps telling me invalid username or password and it is correctly entered, the email could be accessed through any PC or Laptop since it is webmail, please I need help.

My operated is STC

My device is Curve 9300

Regards