Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Signing Application using Blackberry Signing Authority

Hi 

I need to restrict the access of my Persistent store from other application. I am using a code similat to the example given below.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/29299/Security_of_persistent_objects_1253846_1...

I have downloaded the tool. 

created the key value pair and copied the key into the workspace.

I packaged the project and signed it using the normal signing keys then I selected the code using the BB Signing authority tool and signed it .

When I launch the application its giving 2 types of errors

1) Error starting ApplicationName: Module 'Application name' has verification errors.

2) JVM 104 error : Error starting ApplicationName: Module 'ApplicationName-mod-52' not found.

Please help me if you have faced similar issue. Do I need t odo anything additional to use the Signing authority tool and is there any restriction on the number of cod files while using this signing tool

p://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/29299/Security_of_persistent_objects_1253846_11.j...

Developer

Re: Signing Application using Blackberry Signing Authority

I feel some of the cod files are not getting signed . Please help me on this
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

For the first error, see this:  Preventing verification errors

The second error is caused by missing COD files.  Not all of the COD files that make up your application were installed.  How did you install the application?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Thanks Mark for the reply.
I really dont understand some of the cod files are gone missing after I sign using the BB Signing authority tool. For example I have 58 cod files. First When I sign using the BlackBerry signing tool It show the status like 150 /177 are signed rest all are shown in red which needs to be signed using the Signing authority tool with the key I generated. After using Signing authority tool these cods go missing. Is there any cod size limitation for using the Signing authority tool . Please help on this
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

I'm not aware of any size limitation.  Note that you can also issue yourself a CSI file and sign all keys at once using the SignatureTool included in the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse.

How is the application loaded?  Do you see files getting erased from your hard drive after signing?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Did you install the signing server? Creating the keys does not automatically set you up to sign. You will need to setup the signing server to contact your pc back to sign with your keys or manually sign them using the off line signing tool.
Developer

Dear CMY,

How to setup this signing server. Will it not work as a Standalone signing application.
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

It will work standalone, but after you use the signing tool to request signatures, you need to manually sign it locally with your key. Use the signing authority tool that was installed with the bb signing software you installed (not the tool that comes with the JDE....the one used to create your personal key).
Developer

Dear CMY,

The steps mentioned above are correct right

I have downloaded the tool. 

created the key value pair and copied the key into the workspace.

I packaged the project and signed it using the normal signing keys then I selected the code using the BB Signing authority tool and signed it . 

What I am seeing is initially there is 220 cod to be signed but after signing with ther authority tool It showing 150 rest have disappeared. I need to copy the .key file in the workspace right ???

Developer

Is it possible to make the signing process asingle one like along with the signing done by the signing server. Can I add the local signing process to it in eclipse. Can I add the BB Signing authority tool functionality to eclipse ??