Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Signing Keys expiring

Hi,

I don't know whether this is a Glitch or something but I've noticed that after signing an Application, if for some reason I don't install that Application (.COD File) on a Device for say 2-3 days or a week it tends to act a bit weird.

When i re-sign it and reinstall it on the Device it works fine. Does it have some sort of a time period or a time check of some sort?

Developer

Re: Signing Keys expiring

Nope, there is no expiry of that sort.

Scott

Developer

What kind of weirdness are you seeing?

Scott

Trusted Contributor

Hi Scott, For e.g., when I try logging stuff in a file like phone numbers, etc. it doesn't do so. But when i re-sign and re-install the application on the handset, it works fine. And I've noticed that this happens when a .COD file is sitting on my computer for say a week or so. Thanks

David

Developer

I know I'm going beyond your question, but make sure your application is closing down the file connections and inputstreams after you are done writing. The system can only have a certain number of files open at one time, so after a few file accesses you can get errant behaviour. If you don't close them you can get exceptions thrown.

Good luck

Scott

Trusted Contributor

Thats ok. Yeah I'm making sure the file connections, etc. are closed before opening any new ones. There is no problem with the File connectors.