Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold
Accepted Solution

Signing app not recognized on BB

I can successfully sign the app, but when I use the Desktop manager to transfer the app, and then attempt to run it, I get the unsigned module error.

As far as I can tell, I'm not calling any of the encrypted APIs. So the main three should be sufficient. What should I be looking for?

Now, when I look into the folder and try to find the ALX file, I don't see it, but in teh Desktop manager, it sees it. So perhaps the desktop manager has cached it somewhere, or who know what. And the ALX generation isn't really finding it? All confusing.

So I reved the version number of the app, compiled, signed it, and started the  DM again. Still can't see the ALX file. The DM automatically recognized the updated and offered to update my BB. So of it goes and does the update all happy. I tried to launch my app, and same issue.

So on the BB, I remove it by selecting delete on the actual app BB menu. Going back to the DM, I see its no longer selected, so I select it again and try it once more. No use. Help?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Signing app not recognized on BB

Is it the same behaviour when you download app using OTA?

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

I posted the jar, cod and cso file onto a web site and then opened the cso file from the bb browser. I got the "application does not contain a signature". Told it to do install anyway, then got a

907 Invalid JAR

Descriptor missing required attribute: MIDlet-1

I based the project on UIApplication. Is that wrong?

Developer

My bold is running 4.6, and I'm using JDE 4.7. Is that the issue? Do i need to downgrade to JDE 4.6?
Developer

You have to point to the JAD file not to CSO file.

Developer

My personal site is not allowing JAD to be uploaded. My BB will see the Jar file, but not the Jad. Although I can see the JAD there. I don't have any MDS runtime on the hosting site. I guess the learning curve is a lot steeper than I thought. Back to the books.
Developer

MDS runtime is not related to your hosting site.

When you point to JAD file from your browser, is the content of JAD displayed instead of installation message.. if so you ahve to set the proper MIME type on Web server.

Developer

Its not allowing to download the file, but changing the extension to JAR and I get the download. So I know the BB can reach the URL.
Developer

What is happening if you point to JAD file?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

Some webservers don't even support filetypes such as smil, jad etc .. You can't even reach the url with normal browser itself, In which you have to fix it in server side.. 

Thanks! 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group